TrueTV, a Warner Bros. Discovery brand, has ordered ten half-hour episodes. Semi Pro, From a reality sitcom Jersey Shore Creator Salian Salsano.
Semi Pro Described as a series “that shines a bright stadium light on the biggest, loudest, most hilarious character in semi-pro football.” According to the official description, it follows the most passionate semi-professional football teams in New York and New Jersey when they try (and oh man, what do they try) to chase their dreams while their growing responsibilities that lead them to defeat their rivals. But even jobs, painful bodies or the women of their lives can’t keep these boys off the field. Whether it’s for their 34th season or for their rocky year, they’ve shed their blood, sweat and even some tears in every game. On the field, it’s all business, but as soon as the game is over (and maybe a little earlier), drinks and laughter always flow. It is a brotherhood and sometimes a beautiful disaster.
The series features the following groups:
• Brooklyn Seminoles – Returning Champion, Seminoles, the losing team this season. Each other party annoyed their trash conversations, the tendency to celebrate homemade alcoholic “rumble juice” and offensive touchdowns. But until they get knocked out of their perch, the rest of the league can do nothing.
• New York Predator – A family of hunters winning or losing that always hangs around each other’s necks. If their favorite head coach doesn’t scream at the top of his lungs, he’s bursting with pride for his team.
• New Jersey Sharks – With the same determination and determination as the military, sharks are the league’s best oiled machine … and the Seminoles’ biggest threat.
• New Jersey Stags – The youngest and probably the most athletic team, the Stags are ready to face the old guard on the field with the help of their coach Oren Wilson, a retired NFL Giants player.
• The New York Patriots – This young and intense group of boogie down Bronx spend their lives on the streets. Without any home field and quarterback the size of most offensive linemen, they travel to any stadium to pay their patented “Patriot Paine”.
• Tri-State Steelers – Despite the Steelers having a “rolling door” roster, and a coach spreading rumors of a heart attack to stop the clock, they are league spoilers who are a constant threat on the field.
Semi Pro Salsano and Dave Hamilton have executive productions for 495 productions, including Mike Gross who also works as a showrunner.