UK culture secretary claims reality TV show ‘used actor’ – deadline

The UK’s culture secretary has launched a new war with British broadcaster Channel 4, accusing the producers of a reality TV show of filming actors instead of real people.

Tower block of Commons On the show, shot in 2010, lawmakers “saw the splendor of Westminster and their comfortable homes being abandoned for eight days and nights in the Council Tower block estate in some of Britain’s most deprived areas.”

Nadine Doris, then working as an MP, appeared in person on the show, and shared a flat in West London with her sister Rena and Renisha Spain. The government’s secretary of culture since last year told a political committee on Thursday that actors were used in the show – something strongly denied by both the production company and others present at the show.

Doris told MPs: “The parents of the boys on that program actually came here to have lunch with me, and contacted me to tell me, in fact, they were in acting school, and they didn’t really live in a flat, and they weren’t real.

“And even, if you remember, there’s a pharmacist or someone I went to see who made the food – he was also a paid actress.”

But her former co-star Rena Spain later told Sky News:

“It simply came to our notice then.

“It simply came to our notice then. It’s annoying to me, stop lying about me. “

And Labor’s Rupa Hawk, MP for Ealing Central and Acton, where the show was filmed, said: “I was shocked to learn that one of my favorite reality shows was faked – a serious allegation.

“I hope Nadine Doris didn’t misrepresent some of my elements in the South Acton estate as an actor.

“This is one of the most deprived areas in West London, and the daily struggles of the people there are very real.

A Channel 4 spokesman said: “This is the first suggestion we’ve heard that viewers have been misled about contributors to the Tower Block of Commons.

“We will contact the foreign secretary to find out more details so that we can investigate it thoroughly.”

A spokesman for Love Productions, which produced the show for Channel 4, said: “We do not use actors to imitate contributors in any of its documentaries or series based on events.

“Nadine took part in making Doris Tower block of Commons With other real contributors to Channel 4, and we’re sure his claims are unfounded.

“Nevertheless, we take the allegations seriously and will investigate thoroughly. We’re also waiting for Nadine Dorries to respond to a request for evidence to back up Channel 4’s comments. “

The disagreement follows Doris’ recent announcement confirming plans to sell Channel 4, a state-owned broadcaster that is currently funded by advertising. The move has been widely criticized in the British television industry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.